Friday, December 7, 2007

So it seems I'm a bastard

It's my mom's birthday, and she's now of age to receive my father's social security benefits. Part of the application process involves sending in a copy of their marriage certificate.

My mom is a full-fledged librarian, and every bit as organized in her home life as she is in her job, making it a little surprising when she couldn't find the document. She did what ladies her age do, and wrote a letter to the records department of the appropriate county to request a duplicate. The county's response was they had no records of the marriage.

My brother and I are bastards.



Our cats are crazy for guitar strings, and not long after I changed a set recently, Woo (the one at the head of the bed) started missing tuffs of hair on her chin. Strings can be prickly, and hard to throw away without making a real effort, so we thought maybe she had been digging them out of the trash and obsessively stabbing herself with them. Things took a turn for a worse, and after Googling ringworm images, we decided we had to take her to the vet. It turn to be bad case of feline acne. Who knew cats had awkward adolescences too?

And finally, Danielle added a lot to her etsy store. Below is a barrette, there are similarly styled necklaces and brooches.

No comments: