Friday, December 7, 2007

Not being alone is happiness

I've seen Bob Dylan three times in my life. The first time was during my junior year of college, and that was the only time what he played had much in common with the recorded versions of the same songs.

I don't blame Bob (I've heard that's what he likes to be called) for not wanting to play forty-year-old songs, or at least keep playing them the exact same way. Danielle and I saw him in Chicago the week before we got married, he didn't pick up a guitar once - spent the whole night behind the keyboard. The time before that he played guitar, but worked the same trick into the melody of almost every song (an appoggiatura for you other music nerds).

I have a love of symmetry, and to that end there is quite a bit quoted from the song just above this one in the play list. I hope to fill out an albums worth of material to put in between.

No comments: