Friday, December 7, 2007

Another food blog

Among our errands today, Danielle and I did a little shopping at the West Side Market. We try to be socially responsible with our shopping, we buy local when we can, our coffee is always fair trade, we use canvas grocery bags.

We spent most of our food budget at Whole Foods on Monday. I'm torn about that...I respect Whole Foods, they pay their hourly employees well ($15 an hour on average + benefits). The store in Cleveland (University Heights, actually) hired 14 of Cleveland's Lost Boys of Sudan...I want very much to support them, but I still feel as though we should do the bulk of our shopping at the WSM. For those of you not from Cleveland, you probably wouldn't know that it's the largest indoor market in the states, or at least it was up until very recently...I haven't heard otherwise. Also, my cousin has a booth there, she's Cambodian, and sells many many Asian spices, sushi mats, and related things.

Here are a few pictures from today:





For more pictures, check out Danielle's blog.

No comments: