Friday, December 7, 2007

I dream of Audiophile 11/17

I'm not sure the guy who wrote the column (on Salon.com) actually liked everything he wrote about, but I don't remember him ever taking aim at anyone. It was always a little unpredictable, sometimes a download of a track yet to be released by someone huge, or sometimes one from an extremely obscure artist, but I always looked forward to it. Taking the dog out, coffee, and on weekdays, Audiophile.

Salon discontinued the feature a few months ago, citing relatively few page views for it. I'm not ambitious enough to try to take its place daily, but I've been thinking that maybe I would try to cast some light on other folks here on myspace that deserve it.

My introductory pick in what I hope will be a weekly posting is Rachel Ries, particularly her song Chicago, which you can download. It may even be better than Sufjan's song of the same name.

I can't say I know her, but we may have stayed in her apartment, and even bed, one or two nights. Before my brother was married, I think they were roommates, if not, she lived upstairs from him with my sister-in-law.

No comments: