Friday, December 7, 2007

Our Spanish Love Song (not ours)

This is me making good on our weekly music pick. This isn't what I had thought I would recommend.

Off and on for the last three hours I've been trying to sleep. I'm anxious as all get out, having compulsions to tap my fingers in very specific patterns over and over again, sometimes on a living thing (thankfully Ramona has been sleeping with us lately). I'm trying to ration my Xanax, I haven't got any refills, or the money to see my psychiatrist.

I started the 33 1/3 of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea last night, and tonight in between failed attempts at falling asleep, read more.

There is a half page devoted to the music that the band listened to while in their van out on tour. My plan was to lookup something obscure and offer it to you, but instead I decided I needed to see if there was a myspace for Charlie Haden's Liberation Music Orchestra, which Jeff Mangum and friends all agreed they liked. I didn't find one, but someone put up a space for Charlie, and there is a duet with Pat Metheny there that is wonderful.

No comments: