Friday, December 7, 2007

I love you too but I’m gonna mace you in the face

A few weeks ago we had a meal at Udipi Cafe as a precursor to a night at the movies to see The Darjeeling Limited. I went with Palak Paneer, and Danielle had a masala dosai.

I'm not sure I'd try to make another movie after Rushmore or The Royal Tenenbaums, then again, if I was Jakob Dylan I would have become a dentist or a lawyer. I have no negativity towards the film, as always, the music, cinematography and dialog fit together like a puzzle. The plot didn't leave a lot to resolve, but it wasn't a picture driven by plot, and Wes Anderson can develop a character better than anyone I know save maybe David Lynch.

We got there just in time to see the trailers for these promising movies: Juno in which Michael Cera knocks up a girl and Jason Bateman hopes to adopt the baby. We miss Arrested Development so much. Also, Margot at the Wedding, which looks like it might have a redeeming role for Jack Black.

No comments: