Sunday, September 28, 2008

John McCain’s words from his book, Worth the Fighting For

"I didn't decide to run for president to start a national crusade for the political reforms I believed in or to run a campaign as if it were some grand act of patriotism. In truth, I wanted to be president because it had become my ambition to be president. I was sixty-two years old when I made the decision, and I thought it was my one shot at the prize."

I'm sure very few people find themselves in the position of running for president completely devoid of personal ambition, and ambition in itself is not an inherently bad thing.

In fairness to Senator McCain, he does go on to say that he believes he has the experience, both political and military, to do the job.

That said, I want a president driven by the desire to create a better world, not one who mostly wants to satisfy his ego.

I took the picture below last night, I first read the quote online on another blog, but wasn't convinced it was accurate until I saw it for myself.

No comments: