Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sarah Palin's Red Meat Express

"Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except you have actual responsibilities."

Yeah, I guess it is, except most community organizers don't generate $22,000,000,00 in debt for their communities, and they don't hire lobbyists to generate $27,000,000.00 in earmarks.

Those things aren't the biggest knocks against her in my book (speaking of books, Time reported that she had a chat with her home town librarian about how to go about banning books, and when she didn't like the answers she got, she threatened to fire the woman). But I think it's a little funny that she's being presented to us by John McCain (who vows as president to veto any bill with earmarks in it) as a true reformer and little else.

With all the issues facing our country these days, just where does the need for reform in government sit with you? Before the economy? Iraq? health care? global warming? education?

No comments: