Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Space Cadet

There's been a bit of a plague over our house. The details of which seem to be more appropriate for little kids to discuss than you and me, so I'll leave them to your imagination.

You can't stop progress. I'm not sure that's true, but I wanted to say that work continues on the EP.

I've been a bit of a hermit lately, I didn't make it to any Christmas parties this year, we stayed in by ourselves on New Year's Eve, but I have been making a few phone calls to old friends, one of which and I talked a bit about how sometimes absolutely crazy occurrences have fueled amazing bands and recordings. I haven't pulled out all my crazy stops for this EP, but here's a little story with some listening recommendations.

Danielle was a big fan of Koufax (listen to Let Us Know) from way back, she introduced me to them. I'm not sure if we've missed them in Cleveland since, probably, we're discovering we aren't very good at staying on top of who is on tour (if you have a couple of extra Wilco tickets, Let Us Know). A few years ago I had a real musical experience (I know, it sounds a little kooky) at a Koufax show. I love music. I love art, books, poems, architecture and so on, but I'm not sure any of the others have really raised the hair on the back of my neck in a religious sort of way, actually, maybe architecture. Casey Prestwood was playing with one of the other bands on the bill, and sat in on a song with Koufax on pedal steel, and really just sent me reeling. He's been playing with Rocky Votolato of late (I still really love White Daisy Passing, which will always remind me of driving along Lake Champlain on the way home from an interview in Burlington). He deserves all the success and fame in the world, and he's going to appear on one song on the EP. Six different takes are on their way to our mailbox, I can't wait.

No comments: