Monday, January 21, 2008

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger master of Texas?

A friend of Danielle's has a bigger interest in China than I do. He and his wife are there right now, or maybe just got back. On one of his previous trips he wrote down the words to a folk song that in large part lead to the songs I'm working on (writing, not recording) right now. Darren and his wife were asked the following questions when they spent a little time with an English class:

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger master of Texas?

I heard one of The Backstreet Boys died in 9/11 - is this true?

Do you think Alfred Noble traded in death?

Have you ever explained in front of The White House?

Can you give me a visa?

Tell more about Canadian boxing.

I heard someone disappeared the Statue of Libetry. Is this true?

Right now, can you write your family history on the blackboard?

What do you think of the movie The Big Liar?

How many movie stars are your friends?


We saw There Will Be Blood today, and were throughly impressed. The only downside was another movie-goer (I suppose in a packed theater there's always one). She had a habit of laughing at very inappropriate times, like when a character who had been deaf for years spoke...she also checked her watch with a flashlight every couple of minutes. She had one of those canes with four feet, and toward the end of the movie I was rising out of my seat to take it from her (my plan was to make her behave to get it back) when Danielle's cellphone rang. It stole all my thunder.

No comments: