Saturday, December 13, 2008

Angel Trumpets and Devil Trombones

My dad had a trombone in the attic when I was growing up. I didn't really want to play it, but my parents had pretty good reason to think that I wasn't the kind of kid that would stick with an instrument.

The trombone was good to me. I'm not sure I would have made it into a music program for college with an instrument that more people play, and I certainly wouldn't have had the opportunities that I had.

Mozart said the trombone is the voice of god. He could have been right, but for this project I like the trumpet better.

Alex Schecter recorded a few tracks for us today, on a song (Emptiness Swallows Heaven and Earth) that I posted for the first time in any form today. I left the studio before we had a chance to reference the mix on regular speakers, and there are going to be some adjustments that need to be made, but it's going to be great.

No comments: