Thursday, May 1, 2008

Should you find yourself thinking about oinking like a pig

I think I read something once about how of all the senses, smells makes the most lasting impressions on people.

I believe most people fall into certain categories, myself included. I drive a VW wagon, am writing this on a Mac and so on...one of the things people like me do is entertain toddlers by oinking like a pig at every opportunity, and I did just that last week.

We’re headed to Chicago this weekend to finish up recording the guitars for our EP. Under the guise of going to my favorite guitar shop to buy a few last minute things, I snuck out from babysitting to the record store to surprise Danielle with a few new albums to listen to on the ride. On the way I tasted something for the first time since I was probably four or five years old. It was a little salty, and a little fiber-y, and immediately recognizable.

I’m a little disappointed in what I bought, but a couple weeks ago we struck gold with Thao’s new album. Check out Bag of Hammers.

No comments: